Kevin
(Weather Master)
Fri Aug 27 2004 07:29 PM
Re: Frances goes MAJOR

Wow-that's all I can say about the tropics right now. Frances is an amazing storm to watch on visible satellite loops. And I certainly didn't expect the little surprise that the SE system therw at us. It wasn't looking good yesterday, but it is now a TD. Should mostly be a rainmaker for the Carolinas through the weekend.

Frances is the big story. I really don't have much else to add to what everyone else as well as the forecasters have said. I really don't want to start hyping this storm too early..it's still a full week away from Florida. However...the upper level high that is forecast to build in could bode VERY well for intensification. The storm is already at 105 miles per hour and an upper level ridge will build in over the weekend...sending the storm more westward with favorable conditions. I can barely fathom how much potential this system has. Can't say much else at this time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center