WeatherNLU
(Meteorologist)
Fri Aug 27 2004 11:04 PM
Re: Hurricane Charley

It's obviously way to early to try to pinpoint a landfalling position. The dubious thing is that this will make a US mainland landfall. There is no escaping that at this point. The ridge will certainly be strong enough to bring the storm to east coast if not across Florida and into the Gulf. It's really amazing to me, even after all these years studying canes and meteorology in general, how in awe of these things I am. Frances is just an amazing storm already, and she hasn't even hit 50W. The "buzz-saw" look to it just reminds me so much of Andrew and it's obviously taking a somewhat similar track (generalization, i.e. the upcoming bend back to the west) as its 1992 counterpart. It's looks like it's going to be bad news for someone.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center