Hurric
(Weather Guru)
Sat Aug 28 2004 12:09 PM
Re: So far...Frances is on track

Recent IR pics and first visible show an improved appearance this morning. A ring of red around the eye this morning. It looks to have reorganized itself overnite.

A lot of areas along the coasts of US have that (NIMB) not in my backyard attitude about strong storms visiting them. I think many listen to neighbors who have lived an area for a 'longtime'. The 'longtime' might be 40 years which historically isn't such a along time.
Remember areas hit hardest by Charley hadn't been hit hard since Donna in 1960. My local areas last big one was in 1949. Only a small percentage of people living here on the, Treasure Coast, of Florida have even heard of that storm. Please to all, listen to official NHC and local advisories and act accordingly.

I didnt mean to get off topic for this page so move it if needed.
It looks like by Monday areas of Florida will be in the 5 day long range cone and this board will really get active.
Hurric

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center