LI Phil
(User)
Sat Aug 28 2004 08:37 PM
HOLY 5H!+!

Couldn't leave for the beach...damn weather...can't live without it!

This WV loop ought to put the fear of god into every resident on the east coast...While it's only a theory, with some plausible basis in fact, when these storms get this strong, they create their own weather. Look at Frances outflow...blowing the dry air away...holy S--T! I got a feeling that she's gonna blow right thru any ridge that may be in her way and take the path of least resistance right to the coast. Good god this is one strong storm. I don't toss around "CAT V" casually, but if I were a resident of the Bahamas, I'd be on the first plane out of there. For those Bahamians who can't afford to get away, they better add another couple layers of mud to their huts...

I hope no one scorned Frances, cause hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Edit: Rick, didn't read your post about "making it's own weather," just saw it now. You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center