zacros
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Aug 28 2004 11:08 PM
Gaston and Frances

A few days ago I was sitting in my office, checking the long range radar and noticed a nice little low sitting off of the coast of South Carolina. Also, all of this talk about Frances growing toward hurricane strength rather rapidly. Now, I am sitting in Charleston watching Gaston grow toward hurricane strength and Frances grow toward a CatV. Watching the sun set on Frances was rather ominous as I began to wonder what tomorrow may hold. It will certainly be windy and rainy here. Hopefully, we will escape without to many problems. I also hope that Gaston can upwell enough cold water so that Frances can not do what Hugo did 15 years ago (suddenly boom just before hitting south carolina). Enough cold water on the surface could be the difference between a CatIV or V hitting the coast and Cat II or III hitting. From a pure storm perspective, Frances is a good looking storm. However, I am praying for anyone that may be in her path (including my own family and my sister in Florida).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center