Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 29 2004 02:01 AM
Re: Curious thought from an Idle mind

Coop, we get a Cat 5 in Biloxi and I'll be able to ride that surfboard right out of my garage as it will get about 5 feet of water in it right off the GOM (Camille put 22 feet where I live on the beach, and 25+ just to the east of the eye in Bay St. Louis MS (with her 190 sustained winds).... not counting on that to happen with Frances, or at least certainly not hoping, but as everyone else I'm going to monitor this thing and make plans as necessary.... still could go NORTH as some models want to take it....... however, I did start restocking extra supplies today, this time of the year you need to be prepared.... if not Frances, then something later.... I am not going to fight the masses and lines.... hey, the GOM is hot as hell and anything gets cranking could make for another major player down the road..... what a event next week will bring with this storm... if things continue to go as forecasted..... we'll see

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center