LI Phil
(User)
Sun Aug 29 2004 02:14 AM
GFS track...

Richard,

You are asking the wrong person, unfortunately. Although, I agree the GFS has been behaving unusually well this year. I still think Frances is going to "stair step" for the next day or so...that's why no point on the EC is out of the question until Tuesday...However, if my home were in Miami, I'd have my disaster kit ready and the car fully gassed up. It's weird, even up here on Long Island, I went to Costco (huge giant company for bulk purchases, and they have for sale, a terrorism kit...very similar to a hurricane kit...damn near bought the thing, just in case.) So, while it won't make you feel better, I'm ready to roll if Frances decides to do what long-tracking CV storms like to do...turn north.

Just be ready to roll and keep watching the coast...if they tell you to leave...get the hell out of there.

Pray for our neighbors to the south..the Bahamas. It's damn near a given they're getting a CAT IV early next week.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center