SC Bill
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Aug 29 2004 02:46 AM
Re: Historical comparisons to Frances

Been a rather eventful day here in the South Carolina lowcountry. Watching Frances turn into a monster, Gaston churned up out of nowhere to everyone's surprise (at least to anyone's surprise who only watches TWC) . . . whew, time to go to bed.

Then loiscane/bobbistorm, whom I believe I remember from eons ago on an aol hurricane board, had to put year 1893 on the table. Beaufort County, SC did not have a good year that year. I will private message you, my friend, when I can't sleep tonite . . . not from the alternately gusty then eerily still wind, but rather from the thought that Frances will follow in Gaston's tiny footsteps with another one for the record books.

Let us all hope there is yet a way that Frances is remembered as the disaster that might have been.

Good luck to all.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center