Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 29 2004 04:29 AM
Re: ps... gfdl

>>Well, if S2K said it, then it's as good as done. NOT.

I think there was a tropical roundtable broadcast. Not one to ever dis my 2nd home site, I've gotta call your mod butt out on that one. If said, it wasn't by a random poster but probably a professional met (they have about 6 that post there). I know you're a member there and were only teasing, but I had to set the record straight for anyone who didn't know that.
------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, Bastardi wins the Gold Medal for Gaston. Let's face it, there's NOBODY in the world putting out the stuff he is or at the same level. One day they'll look back on him as the god of pattern recognition. I'm sticking with my southern North Carolina call from Thursday @ S2K. He cautions everyone from New Orleans to somewhere way up (^) there but likes a NC solution as the compromise. He did mention two things worth noting in his 4th post of the day:

1) His dad has been discussing the idea of a ridge directly following Gaston. We know high pressure will already be building in, but this would be height rises in response to rather than falls left behind as he believes.

2) "I fear any hurricane that gets into the central gulf this year."

Heh. Don't we all. With the water running a good 86 and above throughout, and with analogs like 1985, 1998, 2002 and 1969, discussed here and there. That's a scenario that everyone should fear. There will be landfallS in the Gulf by mid-October.

Props out to everyone in coastal SC tonight. This glass of Sterling 2002 (analog wine) Merlot is for you. /wish I was there. With the slow movement, I'm betting rainfall estimates from earlier (3-5") are underdone. I'd be willing to bet there's at least localized of 10+.

Party on.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center