Ricreig
(User)
Sun Aug 29 2004 11:51 PM
Re:SITE

Quote:

I thought it was my net connection that was flaking. I will keep checking this site as it seems to have a lot of up to date info.

I hope it doesn't go back down also. While they were down, I found http://hardcoreweather.com/showthread.php?t=536 which has really good data available and seems current. I think HCW and ROLLTIDE are from there and while the forums are way too quiet, it is still a great place to visit for information. I don't see it is competition, but as kind of a backup place to go. This morning, I was posting about the northward (sudden) shift by the NHCof it's forecast track. It looks like they've backed off some and now are saying 'Jupiter Inlet'. If the storm does come in there, Orlando will see it's second strong/major storm in just a couple or three week time. Not a good scenereo shaping up. HankFrank, do you feel there is any real reason to believe the current NHC forecast track won't be close to what actually happesn? I know about models and how they change, but we are now at the 5 day point or nearly so, and the lines should stop changing so much as it gets close...'course Charley proved the lines can change right up till it hits

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center