Ricreig
(User)
Mon Aug 30 2004 02:31 AM
Re: Models use of history

Quote:

Neither do I. I just now looked up my coordinates at http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/gazetteer-tbl and it says that I am at
28.01N 80.67W

Yes, and apparantly following the coast line or even inland. Orlando is 28.51 -81.38 (Executive Airport just E of town) so the storm will be maybe just NE of Orlando a little bit on the 4th according to the UKMET data. It is well within the current 85 mile hurricane force wind field mentioned on the 8pm public advisory. No one is going have a nice holiday in most of Florida if this track becomes fact. While a bit far into the future to be so exact on the path, it is starting to become more of a trend for that and other models to indicate this area, including the latest GFS which shows a coast walk now as well. if I read it right.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center