Ricreig
(User)
Mon Aug 30 2004 02:37 AM
Re: FL Swath

Quote:

My turn to eat crow. I posted the hypothetical 85nm circle earlier. I said that it was theoretically centered on Melbourne.
I should have said that I centered the circle on Ft Pierce. Since that's where I placed it.
redbird -This was just a circle placed randomly on a map of the FL east coast. No forecast has a landfall prediction at this time. We were looking at how much of the state of FL would be covered by hurricane force winds at an 85nm diameter area of hurricane force winds.
Sorry about the confusion.

The latest E-Mail from NHC says:

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 949 MB
EYE DIAMETER 10 NM
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS 115 KT WITH GUSTS TO 140 KT.
64 KT....... 30NE 30SE 30SW 30NW.

This suppots a 70 mile diameter circle around Melbourne for hurricane force winds and given the UKMET forecast, Melbourne could very well be the center of such a circle. Let's hope not, but your crow may not yet be willing to be eaten. He is still flapping his wings

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center