Jeffmidtown
(Weather Guru)
Mon Aug 30 2004 05:05 AM
Re: Models use of history

Just throwing some thoughts out here, but if Frannie decides to take a route that would lead it into the GOM, there will be a mess of royal proportions there. Being the Labor Day weekend, The main beaches on the GOM are already gonna be packed, as well as the hotels in New Orleans for Southern Decadence. I just don't see getting everyone out of those areas in time, but I don't have the experience that the EM's have.

Another scenario having Frannie come on shore in South Georgia would probably cause utter chaos because of the last mass evacuation from the Georgia Coast. You probably will not find any rooms next weekend from Valdosta probably to north of Atlanta.

Just a gut feeling, but I think that we all should head out to the Red Cross this week and donate something or anything we can, because wherever this monster hits, it's gonna be bad. I pray that it doesn't, but I'm really a bit spooked by the forecasts now.....And heck I'm up here in Atlanta......

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center