Ricreig
(User)
Mon Aug 30 2004 12:08 PM
Re: Gaston Landfalls in South Carolina, Tropical Storm Hermine Forms

Quote:

I am feeling a lot better.... I have to belive that we will be spared a second on slought of Hurricanes this year. The storm can stay out to sea ..... I am hopeing that it was enough to scare the willies out of all of us and just skirt us here in Florida The radios and tv's are going bonkers... FRANCES is all you hear. If people didn't get the message with Charley not sure they ever will. We get our hurricane stuff together the first of June and disban it the end of October. Keep listening and paying attention should it come our way ... in several hours like 144 hours or so

I reflect your sentiments exactly, but don't forget that this beast is still SOUTH of us and projections are just that, projections. Until it passes by, it can still be very much a part of our lives. But, for now, there is that ray of hope, I agree. For those to our north, the ray is still quite cloudy though.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center