LI Phil
(User)
Mon Aug 30 2004 10:48 PM
Ah-hem...

>>> Nothing to concentrate on at the moment, save for Frances. Everything else takes a back seat

Not everyone on these boards lives below the mason-dixon line...while I don't expect Gaston do reform into anything more than perhaps a weak TS, it is spawning at last count, 9 tornadoes in VA, and could spell some real flooding troubles for the Delmarva, then Joisey, LI and the New England colonies. Sure, Frances is occupying all of our minds (mine included), but don't say there's nothing going on. As HF opined a few posts earlier, there is the potential for a Fujiwara-type interaction between Hermine & Gaston, albeit over too-cool-to-support-development SSTs, but still, huge flooding could be a problem.

That being said, I'm not going to pick a potential bullseye until Wednesday at the earliest, though my original call for Hattaras is probably going to be a crow munching spectacular. Not that I haven't had those before. One thing I do believe will happen, no matter where Frances eventually landfalls, is that this will recurve and spell potential trouble for the entire east coast. I do not think for one moment that this will cross the peninsula and get into the gulf. In fact, I'm still not 100% certain of a FL landfall, although there is not one shred of evidence to dictate anything to the contrary. Just a gut hunch I get with these CV longtrackers. I've been proven wrong many times before, so it's no big deal. We'll know with a fairly confident certainty, on Wednesday. As it is, everyone from Key West to Portland ME needs to keep an eye on this. Anyone in the space coast region especially, but everyone.

Then we've got what should be 99L (97L) to think about, plus some possible homegrown mischief in the GOM, but those are for the future. Gaston...Hermine...still making some mischief for some.

Let's hope the site can handle the hits come later on in the week....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center