RedingtonBeachGuy
(Moderator)
Mon Aug 30 2004 11:10 PM
Re: NHC Track

Quote:

I think she'll turn north but not until it bumps into the big sandpile called Florida.

Scary thought.. I really hope we don't see her come ashore, hook right, and continue right up the middle of the state.

If I read your message correctly, are you suggesting a more northery turn like the current UKMet model suggests?

A Cat3 with Tampa/St. Pete on the west side as she moves to the Gulf could cause major flooding problem here. I haven't seen any models suggesting the impact of such a case - just general models showing a cain coming in off the Gulf. But Josephine in 1996 (5.5' surge) is one I remember with a ton of flooding. I would guess Frances could easily top 5.5' of surge here.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center