Ricreig
(User)
Tue Aug 31 2004 12:00 AM
Re: Ah-hem...

Quote:

Although several days out, it looks as though Frances has her eyes on some type of Florida strike. There is not much I can see that will change that. After just having gone through Charley, any hit from Frances will probably spell major disaster to our state's main infrastructure. We still have mountains of storm debris...all of which could become "flying objects"...what an untimely mess...

I not only tend to agree, and sympothise, I also share it living on the East side of Orlando. I'd invite you to my place of shelter, but living in a mibile home, I don't expect it would do either of us much good. Charley got 10 trailers, Frances will likely clear the rest. My boss' home in S. Orlando stood up well, so I'm gonna honker down is his garage with my belongings and hope it keeps its' roof this time. We should physically survive, me and my cat, but I have a real feeling this will be a sellers market for anyone that has any places to stay left standing to sell. FEMA mentioned 8000 trailers to help the homeless from Charley...It had better have 3-4 times more ready to go after Frances gets her shot. I hope it does NOT make it here, but I'd be deluding myself If I said I believe it won't. It hasn't happend yet, might not, but I will say I have my generator and batteries already in my likely new residence....moved them today 'cause they are too big and heavy to do at the last minute. This tin box survived the Eye of Charley, but even a glancing blow from Francis might well be the preverbial straw. If the data on Wednesday looks anything like it does now, I'm outta here for thicker walls. Darned...we just got power back the other day too....shoot!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center