Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Aug 31 2004 02:43 AM
Re: NHC Track

I have to laugh at how ill prepared I am for this season and how glad I'm not in Florida. I live in a sea level house whose streets flood (my driveway/carport is 1' below street level). We moved last September so outside of my first aid kit, I don't have a clue where any of my other supplies are: hatchet, flashlights, etc. I have no emergency batteries. I have no reserves of water. I own no plywood. My house is surrounded by old pecan and oak trees. I don't have cigs or booze in reserve. We don't own a generator. I've been slacking. We don't even have any ice or charcoal. LMAO. Use me as the 2004 poster child for what happens when you don't prepare even though I've got a feeling I'll be heading out to the supply store sometime in the next 3 weeks to cover my a$$. But Plywood isn't an option. I have too many windows and wouldn't have the time to deal with it anyway.

Poor me? Poor you. My call was for southern North Carolina and I'm prepared to go down with the ship. Should I be wrong (no fudging with 3 and 5 day forecasts as I go along, this was from last Thursday), chances of a somewhat rare SE or SSE hit on peninsular Florida could be in the offing. Problem is, this won't be our last hit. I'm sure we'll see 3-4 more CONUS hits before late November. Be sure to hedge in increased homeowner's policies next year

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center