Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Aug 31 2004 04:03 AM
Re: NHC Track

I didn't watch Fox 8 @ 9 but someone reported that Breck is thinking Frances may clip the keys and then head for Fort Walton or Panama City Beach. I guess it's plausible. He based his hunch on forward speed and strength. Apparently he thinks it's going to be a powerful storm. All I'm going to say is that Frances is turning into a pretty ominous threat for the United States. With Charley, you couldn't be sure of what he had until hours prior to landfall. But anyone can see where Frances has been and what her potential is. I wouldn't want to come off as being too alarmist, but someone's (and quite possibly) a lot of people are going to pay.

I read a report out of Newport or Richmond where there were 10' of water in some buildings (11+" of rain in a short timespan). Gaston turned out to be a major story throughout SC, NC, VA and will be beyond. Bastardi thinks TS conditions in New England. Pretty trippy. Wet storm followed by a powerhouse storm.

And oh yeah, in case you haven't noticed, 2004 is shaping up to be the all time sickest troipcal season and we're not even in September yet. /food for thought

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center