Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Aug 31 2004 04:02 PM
Re: Gaston Reforms while the Southeast Watches Frances

Well, for all of our sakes, I truly hope your forecast comes to fruition. I really do.

But you have to be consistent with what you're saying: before you said that with each track it has been moving consistently north, and as Jason pointed out, that is simply not the case. I remember Isabel and Bonnie and Floyd, but the NHC had started saying LONG BEFORE that Floyd WOULD make that turn, we just didn't believe them until it actually did. I don't see a single mention of a definite turn to the the WNW in any of their discussions lately. If anything, they're more than likely pulling their hair out with these models runs differing every six hours.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center