Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 01 2004 12:48 AM
Re: Back to Topic: Frances

Interesting plots Justin as two of the models, if extrapolated, could take Frances into the GOM, which we DO NOT want this thing to make a SECOND landfall anywhere.... once will be more than enough...... but they are only models .....

I think Frances is still basically on track, she was expected to begin a WNW motion and so she has... I guess the next big thing to look for is will she maintain current speed or start to slow down... fast mover more southerly, starts to slow may cause her to move more polar...

Phil, as all the moderators have a tough job... even though this is off topic I want to speak my piece, y'all can delete if you want.... But I have seen this board go absolutely crazy during several past years when majors threatened the SE coast, and up until the past couple of hours I though the majority of posts have been just outstanding regarding the posts on Frances.... everyone one contributes, whether you are a pro, or just a novice asking a question, or just a retarded amateur weather freak like myself, we all add to the value of the process... I feel like most of the posters here are my friends, even though I have never met any, and its OK to disagree, that's what makes this board to interesting... .this board play a critical need to many of us that find ourselves in harms way... I know this because during these events when the board goes out of service, I feel like a junkie without a fix .... cudos to Mike for making this available to all of us... nuff said...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center