WeatherNLU
(Meteorologist)
Wed Sep 01 2004 04:46 AM
Re: Latest GFS.....

I agree on the discussion at 11PM, amazingly written. What I don't understand is the track. Hurricanes just do not do what they are proposing. I don't know, it's just an odd looking track with the stop and the immediate movement in another direction. I am becoming more and more concerned here in New Orleans about a Florida east coast landfall and a movement towards the Gulf. I still am fairly confident that if it does get into the Gulf it's a Mobile eastward problem, but I just hate it when they get into the Gulf! I just hope something changes, because this is going to be one for the history books if it makes a US landfall, which at this point is almost a given.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center