Roberta
(Registered User)
Wed Sep 01 2004 06:24 PM
Re: Hurricane Frances In the Morning

Dear Alan and Colleen,

Thank you sooo very much for your advice and help...it sounds like we better get packed, especially after Alans' friend's engineering firm did that storm surge study for MLB! YIKES!!
One more thing...would it make any sense to head SW towards Naples??
It doesn't look like Orlando is going to be a picnic, either...but I AM going to call that hotel that you gave me, Alan. A shelter is out, since I will need a bed, plus the little dog, who is like our child, LOL!
My daughter is in Okeechobee and just got a mandatory evacuation order, so she headed for a shelter.
Bless you all...I will be praying for everyone's safety...this storm is HUGE...just heard that it is 400 nm wide and will affect most all of FL.
Let me know what you think about Naples...or how about NC?

In All Gratitude,
Roberta in Sebastian

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center