LI Phil
(User)
Wed Sep 01 2004 09:43 PM
Re: Hurricane Frances in the Evening

>>> Anyone tend to agree that this has been one of the more aggravating storms to track?

Droop, I couldn't agree more and I think so too would a lot on this board.

I was holding off making a "forecast" and I still will, but I still believe there are 3 equally viable end games for Frances.

(1) The climo/history end game: This storm is a classic longtracking CV storm. Historically, although usually at a slightly higher lattitude, they pull a "Floyd". Scare the hell out of FL and bolt for Hattaras. GFL & GDFL still hinting at the FL miss. GFS has been performing extremely well this year.

(2) NHC forecast. The most likely track and the reason they are sticking with it at this point. EC FL hit then into GA. Wouldn't bet against this one for the moment.

(3) Southern surprise. Ridge builds in back strongly and forces Frances across FL and into the GOM. IMHO (not a forecast, yet) least likely scenario, but possible.

I think these three scenarios will still be viable tonight, and I'll give my crow munching forecast at that time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center