Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Sep 01 2004 10:07 PM
Re: Hurricane Frances in the Evening

Weren't we doing the same thing yesterday around this time? I'm ready to turn off the TV and just wait and see wait happens on Saturday.

We've got the met at ABC News Station here in TB telling us that TAMPA BAY WILL DEFINITELY NOT FEEL HURRICANE STRENGTH WINDS with this storm. He's also saying he think's this will do a Floyd turn ...which he claims is a good possibility in "his own opinion". He beginning to annoy the heck out of me. Like a mosquito, I'm gonna slap him.

Is there a possibility of NW turn and a Floyd scenario? He was talking to a reporter who was at the NHC and he asked if they were wearing their "game faces". She replied, "Well, there was only one time that I've seen Max Mayfield smile today, and that was when they postponed putting the watches up at 5pm." Now he just said, "We're looking at landfall sometime around 2pm TUESDAY." WHAT?????

Then I turn on Channel 8, and the chief met there is saying that "we are absolutely NOT out of the woods."

So which is it? Are we out of the wood or aren't we? I know it's hard to tell at this time, but I wish ABC News 28 would figure out what they're doing.

Polk County Schools are being closed on Friday, mostly because they will be used as shelters.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center