HanKFranK
(User)
Wed Sep 01 2004 10:57 PM
Re: Hurricane Frances in the Evening

the landfall peg i set in southeastern georgia last night is staying put for now. moving the timeframe up to later sunday is the only change.. 3/4 status at impact. only additional reasoning i'll add tonight is that the northern modeling has been converging there, and that the storm has decelerated today and that makes me think it is negotiating a ridge weakness and has the opportunity to nudge nw over time. just my thought.. still see plenty of evidence that it hits further south on the east coast of florida, but going to stick with a northern track.
97L still has a closed low, sheared but vigorously refiring convection.. but nhc ignored it when it looked pretty good the other day, and will likely continue ignoring it until it develops an eye. most of the globals are taking it up in a ridge weakness near 45w later in the week.. still developing it. if it stays quite weak the likely track will be continued wnw in the open atlantic.
98L track began earlier today.. no dvorak on it yet, but the classic easterly wave with a vorticity max and easterly-sheared convection firing just ahead of the surface low/trough. another system globals are slap-happy about, so expect it to develop by/over the weekend. fairly low latitude, and it has a lot of ridging to work its way up through, so it may be something the islands are stressing over next week.
HF 2257z01september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center