LI Phil
(User)
Thu Sep 02 2004 01:21 AM
11:00 will be telling...

I think that if NHC decides to issue watches at 11:00, they're pretty sure it's a FL hit. If there are no watches, they're either unsure of landfall OR may have it making the northward turn.

I'd still stick with the official track, and whatever track they have progged at 11:00.

I'm not going to issue the sure-to-be-crow-munching forecast tonight. Far too much uncertainty still...gut says Nward turn but realistically (for now) somewhere in the Melbourne area (sorry Ed). This is one of the most difficult to forecast storms I've ever seen...especially for a CV storm, which are usually fairly predictable. Hope all you floridians are prepped and ready to evac if told to do so, and that your dwellings are as protected as can be. Hopefully it will all be for naught.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center