recmod
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 02 2004 03:03 AM
Melbourne Weather Statement

The Melbourne Weather Service has just issued an Inland Hurricane Watch for Saturday covering all of Central Florida. The local Met on Orlando television just displayed a graphic anticipating 100mph PLUS winds sustained in Orange and Seminole counties for Saturday. As I live in Seminole County, this is shaping up to be a nightmare scenario for me. My neighborhood is still buried under Hurricane Charley debris. In fact, just this evening, I drove through the mobile home community that runs adjacent to my street. There is STILL large metal sections of these mobile homes dangling high up in the trees. I shudder to imagine what will become of this debris in 100mph + winds.
A number of homes on my street have already boarded their windows (myself included). That is a huge departure from pre-Charley preparations...which were nearly nonexistent.

--Lou

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center