Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Sep 02 2004 08:19 PM
Flood Watches Extended in Florida

Flood Watch Counties added: Charlotte, Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborrough, Lee, Levy, Manataee, Pasco, Pinellas,Sarastora, and Sumter; cities included are Brandon, Bradenton, Brooksville, Cape Coral, Chiefland, Clearlwater , Clearwater Beach, Fort Myers, Inverness, New Port Richie, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Sarasota, Spring Hill, Venice and Zephyrhills.

(Jeez that was a lot of typing!)

For those of you not familiar with those areas, these are counties and cities on the West Coast of Florida, north and south of Tampa Bay. They said that some areas could expect up to 20" of rain or more. I think that this is also another indication that no one really thinks anything is going to pull this up to the Carolinas, as they are advising the people in low-lying areas to immediately move to higher ground, which means more evacuations.

Finally...they are in the process of moving the horses located in Ocala up to KY, TN, etc. And one cow escaped and caused and accident on I-4, backing up traffic.

Gov. Bush is holding a news conference right now and just said that 2.5 million people will be evacuated.

Okay, I think I got it all.

*Sorry, about the typos...I thought I got them all, guess not.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center