BillD
(User)
Thu Sep 02 2004 10:37 PM
Re: I find the Orlando information confusing!

You could try a website of one of the local radio stations. The NWS information is actually very good, but you have to understand the context. The info for MLB was for the coast, not inland.

As far as the 90 kt, vs 120 kt, nothing changed, that was a mis-interpretation of the forecast, the 90 kt was inland, not landfall.

I understand your frustration, but the reality is they don't know for sure where this storm is going to go. They have a good idea, and they are trying very hard to explain, but it isn't easy. No place in Florida is safe, that is why they have Hurricane Warnings up along most of the east coast. As I said a couple of times last night, if you want safe, go to Kansas. But it is probably too late for that. There are over a million people in mandatory evacuation zones along the east coast of Florida all looking for a "safe" place to go, it will not be easy to leave at this point.

Bill

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center