GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Fri Sep 03 2004 01:07 AM
Re: Sats...

I beg you all tonight to be as realistic in your estimates of intensity forecasts as possible. Please we do not need any exaggerations at this point. Those of us in harm's way need to know the true picture so that we neither over react or under react. If you have true knowledge and experience, this is the time to share it.(I recognize the professionals when I hear one, but I don;t always recognize the pretenders those who make up weather jargon as they go along. I am fairly smart, but I am clinging to everyone's opinion to help me make the best decision I can make for myself and my husband who is in his 70's and will take some managing under the best of circumstances. I have been at work all day and I am trying to catch up as best I can without asking any repetitive questions. But I do have one about the graphic. It shows Lakeland towards the end of the cone of hurricane winds. My question based on what is known now, is how long is Lakeland expected to experience these winds since the hurricane's winds are some what flowing like an oscillating fan. ? An estimate is really appreciated and I am not holding anyone to any exact numbers. Thanks sincerely.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center