LI Phil
(User)
Fri Sep 03 2004 02:45 AM
Re: Winds down at 11pm

>>> Winds down to 135 mph at 11pm Advisory

That's great news. Still a CAT IV, but just barely, and forecast to drop to a III tomorrow. As beautiful and scary as these monsters can be, I pray for a drop to a II before landfall, but that doesn't appear likely.

Personally, I think Frances is nearing the end of her eyewall replacement cycle, and will regain IV status tomorrow, but since what I think usually results in the opposite, maybe I should root for a V, then it'll become a II...never going to root for a CAT V, especially one that would threaten Mobile Bay.

Vigilance is the key...watching up from here more than 1,000 it's hard for me to fathom the emotions going on down there, but if you guys can try to get some good sleep tonight...do it. Tomorrow is going to be absolutely insane. (Humming Tom Petty, "the waiting is the hardest part")...actually since HOPEFULLY everyone has already completed their preps, it's almost like...let's get this over with. Maybe not, but those that haven't better RUSH to completion and get the hell to higher ground/shelters/another state.

Been getting knocked off the site a lot so I imagine the traffic is incredible...Mike has been doing a super job and is probably eliminating every possible thing he can to keep the site up.

I reiterate from earlier (as long as I can access CFHC), if anyone has a question or concern, if I can provide a FACTUAL/REALISTIC answer (not some wishcasting jingo) I will. Pose 'em. If I can find you what you're looking for I will...as I said...me & google...perfect together.

Peace for now.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center