LI Phil
(User)
Fri Sep 03 2004 03:10 AM
Folks, please...

This is not a "guessing" game...this is very serious. Flippant comments like (not directed at you HCW, just caught my eye) that "if this gets in the gulf I'll be a Cat II). I know you're not trying to be flippant, but someone (actually millions) are going to be facing some of the most stressful times of their lives very shortly...others are obviously still deciding if they should try to leave...why they waited this long is a mystery, but it is a fact nonetheless...others still, for whatever reasons, CANNOT leave and are wondering how to protect life and limb.

Let's try to keep the comments pertinent to what is about to come and leave the pedantic (how bout that HF) commentary to the forums and not the main boards.

Thanks. You guys have really been great! Mike rules.

Let's pray for the weakening of this monster not predicting second landfalls, 'K?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center