Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 03 2004 03:58 AM
slow down..

Anyone have any forecasts or guesses for how long the slow down will be and is it really going 10mph or slower? Seems slower.

Storm is really encased in the high right now even though that is forecasted to happen again over 24 hours from now. Going by maps shown by Norcross all night on the way the ridge works with the storm in it. Both where we are now... what is forecast and other possibilities.

All local coverage is good but getting tired and may mute it and just listen to the radio and write.

Going to be a long Labor Day weekend.

And..just wanted to point out..was surprised about one thing at 11. Had New Orleans in the probs. Low mind you..REAL low and know its probably based on one model or something.. but surprised me to see a city that far away to the west with probs.. any.

Without a trough to the immediate north I think you have to look at tracks more like the 1926 storm that went across the state and towards LA rather than Donna that turned back faster. Don't mean 1926 as in "miami" but as in a bit further up the coast with the same angle. Then again.. 1928 comes to mind though angle was I think sharper indicated a real weakness in the ridge or a front. Someone would know here I am sure.

Bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center