Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Fri Sep 03 2004 05:51 PM
Re: Frances Weakens a Bit

This storm alarms me mostly because it did weaken somewhat. People seem to be breathing a collective sigh of relief, that or feeling the weakening will become a trend. I would love nothing more than have this hurricane dissolve, sadly, that is not going to happen. Right now, I think the nightmare scenario would be to start moving due west with shear relaxing, slide over the warmer waters and and hit even further left.

Keep in mind, at this point, nothing is really out of bounds for this storm, It's behaving exactly the way it should, as someone said on here last night, it's just we don't have the tools to understand what it's going to do yet. So it looks like the storm is misbehaving from our imperfect understanding.

Also, A thank you of graditude to all the Mets who have tried their best to understand this storm. Even with all our fancy tools, weather forecasting is problematical at best. (maybe I should go back and get a Masters Degree and join on somewhere LOL... it could be fun....or a nightmare of stress on days like this)

Hang in there everyone...and once this one is done, take a deep breath and we'll start looking at Ivan.

Is it December yet?

and knowing this year... We still might have something brewing!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center