Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 03 2004 08:33 PM
Attachment
Vortex Decoding Tool

Hello all! I'm not a met, not even a weather person much, but I am a programmer, and I've come up with a tool that hopefully can be of some use to someone.

The attachment to this post is a text file. (You can't post HTML attachments on here.) If you save the attachment as an .HTML file on your computer, and open it on your web browser, it will contain a text window and two buttons (Clear and Decode). If you follow the link on the page (near the top), a new window will open containing the most recent hurricane Vortex Recon Report. If you highlight and copy the recon report, then paste it into the box on my program, you can press the Decode button, and it will convert it into (slightly) easier to read English...

I don't promise it's going to work 100%, and it only can handle recod vortex reports, not drop or supplemental (YET), so try it if you feel like it. PM me if you have problems, suggestions, etc.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center