Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Sep 04 2004 01:00 AM
Re: Frances now stationary!

I couldn't agree more. As someone who feels like there's a bullseye on the roof of my house (Satellite Beach, barrier island, due east of Melbourne) I hope the freakin thing goes out in the ocean someplace and dies. And the evacs are a small price to pay considering what could have happened. Even if this thing landfalls a cat 1, there's no doubt in my mind that the evacs will have saved a life or two.

I want to thank all of you experts here. I am a lay person and have gotton great comfort from visiting here the last few days. The not knowing is so hard. This has really ignited my interest in weather, which was lurking in the background always, and I'll probably become a regular visitor in the future.

I know this isn't over and there could be more bad news coming, but for now its nice to savor the hope that we might actually get out of this thing with some missing shingles and broken tree limbs.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center