Kimberley Clark
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Sep 08 2004 10:14 PM
Re: Ivan the Terrible

Quote:

I have never seen one, in all the years I have been doing this...track so southerly. HAS to hit the Gulf.

HIGH SST's....well....you KNOW what I am fearing...

For once Rick, I'll share your concern...Mobile Bay is as good a bullseye as any right now. Stay Safe!

I have been reading this site for 3 years now and have never posted. I don't know a whole lot about all of the technical stuff, but if I keep reading here, I ought to become fairly intelligent with the weather. Everyone around here "expects" me to be keeping up with whats going on and I have been so lost without this site up. I was mainly concerned with everyone's safety and I hope that all faired well. Believe it or not Citronelle (about 30 miles north of Mobile) gets alot of the higher wind gusts and rain storms. We had a storm about 6 weeks ago that just ripped the car porch off from the house and smashed it where the car usually is and the other end of the house had the vinyl siding and eave torn off. Boy, if I had known all about the 5% wind/hail deductible, I would have surely not filed the claim. We got nothing for the claim. But, we got some pretty good wind gusts 40-45 mph in Citronelle Monday. I am awed at what you people know. You have been so close if not even closer than the local weather channels and The Weather Channel. Thanks to all who make this work. I actually prayed that Frances would go around Florida and come hit us (Mobile) if that is what it took so that they would not get more. My heart and prayers are with all of you in Florida. Just to let you know, I still would rather see Ivan come this way than Florida, you guys have had enough. I think this is quite long enough for my first post. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center