LI Phil
(User)
Thu Sep 09 2004 12:24 AM
Re: happy to see you back

>>> As for Ivan... a very hard storm to predict. Harder than most

Agreed bobbi. This new bad boy could strike anywhere from Brownsville (or south) to the Keys (or east). Like JK, though, if you asked me now where it's final US destination is...unfortunately...I would have to say FL West Coast. Entrance at Tampa & Exit at WPB. God I sure hope not.

Since 2004 is breaking all the rules (Brazilian hurricane, 3 Fl hits, late [fairly] start w/record August activity), it's pure speculation at this point. Does anyone remember Aruba under a Hurricane Watch??? This bad boy is SO far south and I just don't see anything preventing it from getting into the GOM in a few days. Good god.

At least there's several days for everyone to get their lives back together (sort of) before we can think about US landfall. Time to start saving up on sleep.....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center