Jeffmidtown
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 09 2004 01:41 AM
Re: bigger than Frances?

First, it is soooooooo good to have the site back up!

Now as far as "The Russian Bear" Ivan...Just a gut feeling tells me one of three things as far as landfall...

1) Ivan goes between the west tip of Cuba and the Yucatan Peninsula and heads for a Texas lanfall anywhere from Brownsville to Houston landfall...

2) Ivan goes over Cuba and pays Fidel a visit in Havana and then heads northwestward for a Mid GOM coast landfall anywhere from FWB, Fla to NoLa

3) Ivan does a Charley/Frances of sorts, heads over Havana and goes northward to make landfall where Frances did and straddles the AL/GA border causing a large bit of damage again in the Atlanta Metro area..

One disclaimer though---I do reserve the right to change this predicition as late as Friday by 5pm

Those are my three guesses, but one thing I'm pretty confident about is Ivan will not be a fish pureer....

>>> fish pureer....

um...what is a fish pureer?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center