WXMAN RICHIE
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 09 2004 03:07 AM
I'm back / Frances Stats.

Hi Everyone,

I am back after 4 days of having no power, no phone, no cell phone, a limited water supply and raw sewage pouring into my street. All in all my house weathered the storm well compared to my neighbors. In my neighborhood, there are tons of trees down, shingles off most homes, roof damage to many others, screen enclosures ripped apart, most fences down, signs all down, traffic signals all out, etc. I was in the southern eyewall for 5-6 hours straight on Saturday night. The wind just roared at hurricane force for all those hours. It is amazing how loud it is in a house all boarded up. Almost all of Palm Beach County was without power during the storm. Half of the county is still out after 5 days. I am one of the lucky ones to get power back. We still have a night time curfew, most traffic signals still out, stores closed, schools closed until next week, gas lines every place, etc., etc. My backyard weather station recorded a peak gust of 89 mph, a minimum pressure of 28.85" and 9.56" of rainfall. Of course the station was off the air for the height of the storm, so it came to keeping the stats the old fashioned way by pen and paper. Hope everyone else weathered the storm well. Pictures to come soon.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center