recmod
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 09 2004 03:56 AM
Insurance Claims Question

Actually, there is a fine line of definition with the double deductible for the two storms. You mentioned you have roof damage sustained from Charley. If Frances worsened an already existing condition, there is only ONE deductible. If however, you have two separate damages, then the deductible would be applied twice. Unfortunately, I fall into that second category. I had my fence destroyed by Charley...but no structural damage to the house....that is one claim with a deductible. Frances damaged my roof which will require a second claim...since the roof is unrelated to the fence damage, I am socked for two deductibles.

Hope that clarified the situation for you. One other note, while on the topic of insurance. The officials are actually broadcasting to the folks here in Florida that it would be better to wait until AFTER Ivan rolls through to file a claim for damages. That way, all the damages would be lumped as one claim with a single deductible. (Who's to tell the adjuster what came from Frances and what was done by Ivan>??)

--Lou

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center