MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 09 2004 12:32 PM
Re: Ivan Strong Category 5. TD#10 Forms in Eastern Atlantic

The ETA (not trusting it totally at this point either) is much more to the left than the GFS. I think Ivan has gradually made a rightward turn since yesterday. If this were the size of Gilbert, I would say they are all too far to the right. It may have been 16 years ago, but I seem to remember Gilbert was forecasted originally to hit several hundred miles farther east than it did. That monster also took up a lot of space, and totally altered its surroundings. It just wouldn't (couldn't?) turn. This one looks like it can. If this hits Jamaica head-on, it will be worse than Gilbert if it remains at this intensity. It took many years for them to recover from that one.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center