Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 09 2004 03:17 PM
Thank you from stormy Orlando

I wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to those compassionate people who haave wished Ivan upon themselves rather than have it hit Florida as the third in a month. I live in South Orlando. My house was in the eye of Charley and in the northeast quadrant of Frances. We lost a tree and the roof from our carport. The debris from Charley was just picked up last night, so the majority of my neighborhood still had Charley debris during Frances. We were without power for 5 days in Charley and 1 in Frances. I am listing this not for pity, but to show that compared to others around the state, I did fairly well. God was watching out for us.

Being through these storms has allowed me to witness a community uniting in destruction, not in a micro sense, but as a macrocommunity encompassing all of Central Florida. Neighbor helping neighbor.

I speak for the citizens of Florida when I say that we don't wish Ivan or any other severe storm on anybody else. We would like to see it simply flounder in open water. But it does mean a lot to read of the compassion that residents of other hurricane prone states have towards Florida.

Please continue to keep those of us in storm-affected areas of Florida in your prayers and thoughts as we clean up from Charley and Frances (and perhaps prepare for Ivan).

God Bless

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center