Wingman51
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 09 2004 04:21 PM
Re: Ivan Strong Category 5. TD#10 Forms in Eastern Atlantic

It is so great to see the board back up again. Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers during out last two attacks here in Central Fla. Living in St. Cloud has proven to be a true adventure this season. We are beginning to feel like a punch drunk boxer. Charley hit us hard to the head, and Frances beat us down with unceasing body blows. we are still standing but we are definitely weakened. The prospect of Ivan has everyone on edge.
the strain on the emotions of all, even those with minimal damage is beginning to show. Much quieter in the workplace, grocery stores etc. People are really in a Zombie state, and many are talking about just packing up and leaving. It is very disquieting to live 5 block from the major lake here in St.Cloud, and to have to sweep sand out of your bed at night because Frances blew it through the cracks in your Lumber and windows. I don't think we have been dry in over 3 weeks. If the power isn't out, the humidity is so high as to make it unbearable.
I pray that this thing just spins itself into oblivion and never touches land again, but I am also a realist. I know that we will once again feel the fury, I just hope we are all strong enough to survive. Keep up the strong work, many of us have learned to rely on you and Tom Terry of WFTV-9 as our guides.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center