MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 09 2004 04:25 PM
Re: south of Jamaica..then NO ONE KNOWS

Amen. My wife and I visited Jamaica last year on a business trip (not much business though) and spent 4 days at the Ritz Carlton. We didn't stray from the resort, but we were perfectly happy not to. The people there treated us so well, we weren't used to it. So, I have developed a soft spot for the country and its people. I also realize that tourism is a major part of their economy, and it is terrible to think that 12 hours of weather could devastate that for many years. The guy I talked to in the resort was young when Gilbert hit, but he remembered it, and did state that it took a long time to rebuild. And as far as Florida, I can't imagine have 3 major hurricanes hit in about 1 month. No matter how fast the gov't responds, it becomes harder with each incident. I can picture debris from Charley being tossed around by Frances, and picked up again by Ivan.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. I have an uncle south of WPB who is in his 80's, and was stuck in an elevator for 2 hours. I would consider him one of the lucky ones.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center