Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 09 2004 04:49 PM
Re: heart out to all in Florida

shawn I know your hoping for a landfall my you in houston, but chances of that happeing are like 2%. I see you are saying though that it will probably be near western florida and you are in good odds with that. The trough that you say hasnt formed yet is already there. The strength of it compared to the strength of the ridge over the next 3-5 days is the key on where the turn will be,, Panama City? Tampa? Everglades? who knows right now, but will say this, it wont be a cat 5 when it makes landfall, infact it might not even be a cat4. Dryier air is going to be absorbed into the system after it get north of cuba. Also shear will start during that time frame. If it does make it north of 28dg and w of 83 then still cooler water from Frances will also inhibit strengthning. Right now I would say Cat 3 with winds around 125-130. Landfall I wont call yet till Friday evening. Basically though its a Florida call and to through in a if anything, a movement skimming the se florida coast isnt totally out of the question. Basically the NHC forcast looks on track.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center