LI Phil
(User)
Thu Sep 09 2004 04:54 PM
Jamaica, Caymans & 9/11

Afternoon all...been busy actually working today. Never been to Jamaica but I did vacation in Grand Cayman three or four years ago...our hotel was Still recovering from Gilbert...the beachfront went from about 200' to about 20'. In fact, the storm forced the previous hotel chain to fold its operations to another. I cannot imagine what Ivan will do to these areas who rely so heavily on tourism $$$.

As far as Saturday's date, I had made a personal commitment to myself that I would not post on that day, but it looks as though Ivan may change those plans...to those who talked about how the past two storms brought communities together...that's exactly the way it was up here after 9/11. Civility was the rule of thumb. Of course, it lasted all of about a month, but for a time, we were all brothers in arms.

My prayers go out to everyone affected by Charley and Frances...while still a ways out, it looks as though Ivan in a (hopefully) weakened state will enter South Florida West Coast (near the glades) shoot across exiting the east coast north of the space center, then take dead aim at Hattaras. Not a good scenario at all.

Good luck to all in his path.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center