Kimberley Clark
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Sep 09 2004 05:41 PM
Re: heart out to all in Florida

Scott, Sorry about any confusion. I was reading SNONUT and I guess this was from yesterday, but found it very interesting (scary) that SNONUT was going with the UKMET:

"The 12Z Canadian Global is to the left of the UKMET through the Yucatan Channel with an eventual landfall on the Gulf coast of MS/AL. While I'm no big fan of this model and its ability to predict long term motions of tropical cyclones I just mention it so you can see how much spread there is among the global models.

The latest 00Z Medium BAMM is very close to the 18Z GFS…the latest 00Z Deep BAMM is very close to the 18Z GFDL only a little slower.

Bottom line…the models have been rightward biased for the last 3-4 days and I think that continues. So my forecast is close to the UKMET and the official TPC 5pm track package."

I am certainly no expert, but it concerned me when I read that there is a REAL possibility it could end up hitting west of Alabama and do massive devastation to us. Sorry I didn't realize the SNONUT information was from yesterday. Please forgive me.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center