wxman007
(Meteorologist)
Thu Sep 09 2004 09:14 PM
Thoughts....

I am getting more and more concerned this afternoon about a Panhandle strike. The battle is, as it was with Frances, the Ridge to the NE vs the approaching trough to the west. What concerns me is that ALL the US modelling was too far east with Frances, and so far has been too far east and north with Ivan. Trends are very important here. I am afraid (for my sake, but not for S Fl) that the ridge AGAIN is underforecast by the US modelling suites, and that the Euro/Canadian track are more accurate. If you have Accuweather Pro, JB did a very good writeup today about his theories as to why that is.

Nevertheless, ALL residents of Florida are under the gun from Ivan...however, my forecast focus, at least for now, is in the areas between Tampa and Mobile.

As always, your mileage may vary....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center